CCG’s OC-250 is part of a series of selective water treatment adsorbents that bond with hydrocarbons, organics and other contaminants upon contact. Extensive field application and laboratory analysis has shown OC-250 is capable of removing a wide range of contaminants to non-detectable levels. The resulting discharge water meets or exceeds typical regulatory requirements. This media is a 50/50 blend by volume of OC-200 and 6X30 mesh anthracite coal.
For treatment of hydrocarbons, heavy metals, and other organic contaminants, the optimal solution is efficient oil and water separation followed by one of the OC series products. Since the media is capable of adsorbing up to 70% of its weight in hydrocarbons, the life of OC-250 inside a filtration vessel is shorter than OC-200. The media can also be used as a stand-alone treatment process or upstream of other filtration processes and media such as reverse osmosis, activated carbon and resins.
Media Type: Granular
Active Ingredient: Quaternary Amine
Cation Exchange Capacity: Yes
Active Media by Volume: 100%
Bulk Density: 53-55 lbs/ ft³
Lbs of Active Media (per ft³): 53-55
- Does not swell when exposed to water
- Prolongs life of activated carbon and resins, reducing costs and increasing efficiency
- Has more active product per cubic foot than other blended organophilic clays
- Cost effective and environmentally sound technology
- Part of a series of products; can be used at full strength or custom-blended