SweetVent® is an odor control product designed to control vent stack odor emissions. These emissions can be from a range of sources, such as municipal and industrial wastewater facilities, restaurants, and various commercial and industrial operations. SweetVent® is a simple device that attaches to the end of a vent stack. SweetVents come in two varieties: slip-on or flanged vent stack connection. Both varieties are available in a range of sizes. All SweetVents contain 10 pounds of CENTAUR® HSV catalytic activated carbon.
The SweetVent® utilizes the positive pressure generated inside the vent line to push the contaminated air up through the unit. The odorous compounds are absorbed by the CENTAUR® HSV carbon allowing clean air to pass through the end of the SweetVent into the atmosphere. The pressure surges within the vent line are sufficient to overcome the pressure drop across the carbon bed. When odor breakthrough occurs, only the carbon needs to be replaced. Refill bags of Centaur HSV carbon are available from Continental Carbon Group.
- Passive System
- All-Plastic Construction
- Slip-on or flanged connection
- System has no moving parts and requires no water or electricity
- Reliable, non-corrosive construction ensures years of service
- Flexible, connection options – connects to plain end or flanged vent stacks
- Stable operation able to treat uneven loadings and spikes without breakthroughs
- Slip-on Models: 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″ diameters*
- Flanged Models: 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″ diameters*
- Material of Construction: Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), Polyethylene (PE)
- Carbon Capacity: 10 lbs.
- Carbon Type: CENTAUR® HSV
*Larger diameters available on a custom basis