CC-Sulfursorb Plus is a non-impregnated, bituminous coal-based catalytic activated carbon which has been specially developed for removing hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and sulfur compounds from air streams. It is well suited for use in wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations where these compounds are typically found. CC-Sulfursorb Plus provides the high loading rates of impregnated carbons without the thermal risks associated with some chemically treated activated carbons.
CC-Sulfursorb Plus is available in 25 lb. bags or 1,000 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- U.S. standard series sieve size: 4 x 8 mesh
- Less than No. 8: 5% (max)
- Greater than No. 4: 10% (max)
- Mean particle diameter: 3.4 mm
- Moisture (as packaged): 8% (max)
- Typical density: 25 lbs/ft3 (0.40 g/cc)
- Hydrogen sulfide breakthrough capacity*: 0.20 g H2S/cc carbon (min)
* H2S capacity is measured using ASTM standard method D6646-01. Testing requires passing a moist air stream containing 1% by volume H2S through an appropriately sized column (per ASTM requirements)packed with activated carbon.
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, state and federal guidelines.