High-Efficiency Particulate Adsorber (HEPA) housings are commercial and industrial duty filter housings designed to remove particulate contaminants from air streams. HEPA housings (HH) are utilized when 99.9% or greater particulate free air is required. They can be added to existing HVAC systems for upgrade to HEPA level filtration. When the primary concern is particulate contamination, these housings are a direct fit. In some cases, the purified air can be recirculated resulting in reduced make-up air requirements and energy savings. Please note that The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends against recirculation of HEPA filtered air for biological substance. HEPA housings are completely factory assembled and self-supporting.
HEPA housings can accommodate prefilter tracks, when required, in 2" or 4". The addition of a prefilter extends the life of the HEPA filter downstream. HEPA housings with prefilters (HHP) are available in many different sizes and configurations to meet your air flow requirements. HEPA housings are available as either a Side-loading or End-loading configuration for use as modular built-up banks and as installation orientation requires. HEPA housings accommodate filters of different flow rates and efficiencies.
The series HEPA assembly is designed for commercial and industrial duty operation.
Consider the HHP for the following:
- Remove fresh air contaminants such as dust, pollen, animal dander, soot, liquid droplets, and other airborne particles.
- Reduce make-up air costs by removing particulates and recirculating purified air.
- Up to 2,000 cfm 99.999% efficiency, and 24" x 24" x 12" filters available.
HH and HHP Features
- Durable 16-gauge galvanized steel housing, painted carbon steel, or 304 stainless steel.
- Quick entry, hinged side access doors on each side of housing to simplify filter installation and change-out. Optional bolted doors are available for space-limited installations.
- Foam gasket on doors to p event leakage.
- Modularly designed with nominal 500 fpm face velocity compatible with most air handling and particulate filtration equipment.
- Optional match-up transitions and fans for special applications.
- Accommodates all 24" x 24" x 12" nominal gasket seal filters.
- Bolt lock clamping mechanism is standard with crank lock mechanism option available.
- Weathercap for outside installations optional.
- Differential pressure gauges supplied, installed or loose, for field installation.
- HHP has built-in 2" or 4" prefilter track. Other prefilter depths are available.
End-Loading HEPA Housings
- Are available. Contact your local agent or the factory to discuss your specific requirements.
- Can accommodate 2" and 4" prefilters.
Continental Carbon Group is constantly striving to improve its products and capabilities and to provide the best product to it customers.
Continental Carbon Group may from time to time develop product improvements or alterations (including, without limitation,
revisions to product specifications), and may implement such Product Improvements without notice to the Buyer.
Making Air Safer and Cleaner
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low
oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local,
state and federal guidelines.