The granular DACORTM cartridge (GDC) is the answer to your indoor air purification needs. It can be ordered with any of our dozens of activated carbon for the purification of air streams for indoor occupied spaces to improve air quality and absorb problem odors. The unique design of the highcapacity cartridge filter (over 80 million square feet of carbon surface area per filter) features low pressure drop for economical operation. The GDC filter provides exceptional performance associated with recirculated air applications. The spent cartridge is suitable for incineration or inclusion as a part of land-fill solid waste directly.
The low pressure drop configuration and performance make it an ideal fit for replacement filters in existing HEPA installations or for inclusion in new HVAC systems. The GDC is manufactured of lightweight materials for ease of handling while enclosed by an aluminum frame for strength and easy disposal. Special carbons are available for those difficult-to-control air contaminants such as ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, and formaldehyde.
- Acceptable for both light and medium contaminant applications.
- Low pressure drop.
- Wide range of activated carbons available depending on use.
- Can recirculate 100% of indoor air.
- Handling ease; weighs no more than 30 lbs.
- Available in both full and half size.
- Completely disposable.
- Plastic or aluminum framing.
Front Access Housing Features
- Durable all-welded 16-gauge electro- galvanized steel housing. 14-gauge continuous weld option. Painted carbon steel or 304 stainless steel optional.
- Completely factory assembled and self-supporting.
- Modularly designed with nominal 500 fpm face velocity compatible with most air handling and particulate filtration equipment.
- Optional match-up transitions for unique applications.
- Full-size easy-to-handle nominal panels to expedite panel change-out and minimize pressure drop (for panel sizes see page 4).
- Half -size available to accommodate range of housing widths.
- Weather cap for outside installations optional.
- Can be provided with fan and particulate filters as a skid-mounted system.
Refillable Carbon Panels
The FJI™ filter is an activated carbon, refillable panel typically used in our FLS™, FJS™, FLD™, or FJD™ housings. The panels can be packed with any of the more than 100 available activated carbon products offered by Continental Carbon Group, as well as with other media such as potassium permanganate. The panels are available in painted carbon steel, plastic, aluminized steel, or stainless steel construction. Standard size is 24'' x 24'' nominal with 1'', or 2'' depths. Custom-sized carbon filter panels are also available based on customer need. CCG also offers a wide range of carbon panels in specific configurations that provide an alternative to the original equipment supplied and with a much larger range of media choices to meet your specific treatment objectives and achieve lower operation and maintenance costs.
Continental Carbon Group is constantly striving to improve its products and capabilities and to provide the best product to it customers.
Continental Carbon Group may from time to time develop product improvements or alterations (including, without limitation,
revisions to product specifications), and may implement such Product Improvements without notice to the Buyer.
Making Air Safer and Cleaner
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low
oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local,
state and federal guidelines.