CCG’s pH neutralizer media is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media, which dissolves in the presence of acid. The media is practically insoluble in non acidic water. When acid is neutralized, the media no longer dissolves. The higher the alkalinity of the water, the greater the amount of calcite that must be dissolved.
For treatment of acidic water. The media can also be used as a stand-alone treatment process or upstream of other filtration processes and media such as reverse osmosis, activated carbon and resins. The pH of the water is corrected to 7.0 only. Please note that for each unit of pH increase, the media will add 3-5 grains (51.1- 85.5 ppm) of hardness into the water.
Media Type: Granular
Active Ingredient: Calcium Carbonate 100%
Bed Depth: 24-30
Service Flow rate: 2-6 gpm/ft²
Backwash Flow rate: 10-12 gpm/ft²
Volume: Bulk Density: 100 lbs/ ft³
Lbs of Active Media (per ft³): 100
- It is made up of robust material that will not deteriorate no matter how often it is used.
- Certified product by NSF/ANSI standard 61.
- Disposability is extremely simple.
- Completely dissovles in low pH waters.
- Requires periodic backwash otherwise will form a thick scale in the filtration vessel.