CC-12x30S is a virgin activated carbon which is granular in form. Made from selected grades of coconut shell, it is ideal for many liquid phase applications including the removal of organics from water streams. Its superior level of hardness and low levels of impurities make it cleaner than most other carbons and gives it longer life expectancy. NSF certified, it is suitable for drinking water and food grade applications.
CC-12x30S is available in 55 lb. bags or 1,100 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- U.S. standard series sieve size: 12 x 30 mesh (min 90%)
- Less than No. 30: 5% (max)
- Greater than No. 12: 5% (max)
- Iodine No.: 1000 mg/g (min)
- Hardness: 98% (min)
- Ash Total: 3% (avg)
- Moisture (as packaged): 5.0% (max)
- Apparent density: 0.52 g/cc (min)
- pH: 9 – 11
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, state and federal guidelines.