Centaur is a catalytic activated carbon developed to treat foul air from wastewater and sewage treatment processes. The carbon is a granular media derived from bituminous coal. Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) removal capacity of the media can be restored simply by on-site washing with water. No chemical impregnates are used in the production of the media nor are any required to regenerate the media.
Odor Control (H2S and organics removal from air); typically in sewage and wastewater treatment plants where high concentrations of contaminants are present and where potable water is available for regenerating the media.
- Minimum H2S Capacity Initial: 0.09 g H2S / cc of carbon
- Minimum H2S Capacity Ultimate: 0.69 g H2S / cc of carbon
- Maximum Moisture: 4% by weight
- Apparent Density: 0.56 g/cc (min)
- Minimum Butane Activity: 15.6% by weight
- Minimum Hardness Number: 97
- Minimum Iodine Number: 800 mg/g
- Maximum Ash Content: 7% by weight
- Mean particle diameter: 3.6 mm (min)
- H2S removal capacity can be restored with water washing in place
- Free of chemical impregnates; removes risk of bed fires
- Organic capacity is superior to impregnated carbons, reducing overall operating costs