CC-IPH is a bituminous coal-based activated carbon that is specially impregnated for the desulfurization of gases and the removal of all acidic contaminants such as hydrogen sulfide (H2S), hydrogen chloride (HCl) and mercaptans (thiols).
CC-IPH is available in 55 lb. bags or 1,100 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- Particle type: Pelletized, 4.0 mm x 6.0 mm
- Mean particle diameter: 4.7 mm (min)
- CCl4 activity: 60 % (min)
- Iodine no: 1000 mg/g (min)
- Surface area: 1000 m2/g (min)
- Hardness: 95% (min)
- Bulk density: 0.55 g/cc
- Moisture (as packaged): 15% (max)
- Typical hydrogen sulfide breakthrough capacity, g H2S/cc carbon: 0.16
- Max. head loss @ 50 fpm superficial velocity through a dense packed bed, in wc/ft: 1.9 (max)
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, provincial/state and federal guidelines.