CC-IPA is a pelletized bituminous coal-based activated carbon that is impregnated with a specially formulated acidic solution that makes it particularly effective at removing ammonia (NH3) and other amines from vapor streams.
CC-IPA is available in 55 lb. bags or 1,100 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- Particle type: Pelletized, 4.0 mm x 6.0 mm
- Typical density 51 lbs/ft3 (0.82 g/cc)
- Mean particle diameter: 4.7 mm (min)
- Moisture (as packaged): 12% (max)
- CCl4 activity: 60 % (min)
- Ammonia adsorption efficiency: 95%*
- Iodine no: 1000 mg/g (min)
- pH: 1-2
- Surface area: 1000 m2/g (min)
- Max. head loss @ 50 fpm superficial velocity
- Hardness: 95% (min) through a dense packed bed, in wc/ft: 1.9 (max)
*95% adsorption efficiency under ideal conditions. Performance under actual operating conditions may vary.
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, provincial/state and federal guidelines.