CC-HC30S is a pelletized activated carbon that has been specially design for odor control of sewage treatment operations. It has the highest single-use H2S capacity in its class. Made from selected grades of coconut shell, its superior level of hardness makes it cleaner than most other carbons and gives it a longer life expectancy. The uniformity of its shape makes it particularly attractive in applications where low pressure drop is a consideration.
CC-HC30S is available in drums or bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- Particle type: Pelletized, 4.0 mm diameter
- Hardness: 96% (min)
- CCl4 activity: 80% (min)
- Iodine no: 1250 mg/g (min)
- Surface area: 1250 m²/g (min)
- Ash: 26% (max)
- Apparent density: 0.40 g/cc
- Moisture (as packaged): 12-15% (max)
- Hydrogen sulfide breakthrough capacity, g H²S/cc carbon: 0.3
- Max head loss @ 50 fpm superficial velocity through a dense packed bed, in wc/ft: 1.1 (max)
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, provincial/state and federal guidelines.