CC-IPSp is a pelletized, steam activated carbon impregnated with sulfur. This product provides superior mercury removal when treating natural gas, air, hydrogen or other gas streams. The impregnation process utilizes the S2 form of sulfur only and the sulfur is uniformly distributed throughout the carbon pores. This allows the carbon to have the following characteristics:
- Greater total capacity for mercury adsorption.
- Near virgin CCl4 activity of the impregnated carbon for superior organic removal.
- Greater stability of the mercuric sulfide formed on the carbon ensures that mercury will not leach into the environment from the spent carbon.
- Superior moisture resistance ensures product performance on high humidity waste streams.
- Superior temperature resistance ensures product performance at elevated temperatures.
- Improved adsorption kinetics allows for faster adsorption and less carbon is required on-line.
Particle Size, mm: 4
Surface Area (pre-impregnated), m2/gm: 1000 (min)
Carbon Tetrachloride Activity, % (base): 60 (min)
Hardness, %: 97 (min)
Moisture, % (as packed): 3 (max)
Sulfur Content, %: 13 (min)
Apparent Density, g/ml: 0.50-0.57
Mercury Capacity, %: 65 (weight)
Recommended Adsorption Contact Time, (sec): 10 to 30
Effluent Mercury Concentration: <0.001 ppb (v) STANDARD PACKAGING: Standard packaging is 55 lb. bags. Other sizes available upon request. SAFETY MESSAGE Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, provincial/state and federal guidelines.