CC-IPHg is a coconut shell based activated carbon that is specially impregnated for the desulfurization of gases and the removal of all acidic contaminants such as hydrogen sulfide (H2S), hydrogen chloride (HCl) and mercaptans (thiols).
CC-IPHg is available in 55 lb. bags or 1,100 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- Particle type: Granular
- US standard series sieve size: 4 x 8 mesh
- CCl4 activity: 60 % (min)
- Iodine no: 1100 mg/g (min)
- Surface area: 1100 m2/g (min)
- Hardness: 98% (min)• Bulk density: 0.48-0.52 g/cc
- Moisture (as packaged): 15% (max)
- Typical hydrogen sulfide breakthrough capacity,g H2S/cc carbon: 0.16
- Max. head loss @ 50 fpm superficial velocity through a dense packed bed, in wc/ft: 1.9 (max)
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, provincial/state and federal guidelines.