CC-A40 is a virgin activated carbon. Derived from bituminous coal, it is pelletized in form. Its superior activity and surface area make it ideal for most vapor-phase applications. The uniformity of its shape makes it particularly attractive in applications where low pressure drop is a consideration.
CC-A40 is available in 55 lb. bags or 1,100 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
• Particle type: Pelletized, 4.0 mm x 6.0 mm
• Mean particle diameter: 4.7 mm (min)
• CCl4 activity: 70 % (min)
• Iodine no: 1050 mg/g (min)
• Surface area: 1050 m2/g (min)
• Hardness: 95% (min)
• Moisture (as packaged): 3% (max)
• Typical Density: 28-31 lbs/ft3 (0.44-0.50 g/cc)
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, state and federal guidelines.