CC-8×30 is a virgin activated carbon derived from bituminous coal. Granular in form, it is ideal for many liquid phase applications including the removal of impurities from water streams. Its superior adsorptive capacity and surface area make it particularly attractive for the removal of organics from wastewater; while its size makes it appealing where low pressure drop is required.
CC-8×30 is available in 55 lb. bags or 1,100 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- U.S. standard series sieve size: 8 x 30 mesh (min 90%)
- Less than No. 30: 5% (max)
- Greater than No. 8: 5% (max)
- Surface Area: 900 m2/g (min)
- Hardness: 90% (min)
- Abrasion No.: 80 (min)
- Moisture (as packaged): 5.0% (max)
- Typical density: 27-30 lbs/ft3 (0.43 -0.48 g/cc)
Iodine No.: 900 mg/g (min)
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, state and federal guidelines.