CC-4x8Z (zeolite) is a naturally occurring mineral with a porous structure. Zeolite’s open structure is capable of loosely holding numerous positive ions; these positive ions can in turn be exchanged for other such ions in a solution. This ability is due to zeolite’s molecular lattice pore structure. The lattices are negatively charged and they loosely hold cations (positively charged ions) such as calcium, sodium, potassium and ammonium. The ability to exchange one cation for another is known as the cation exchange capacity (CEC).
• US standard series sieve size: 4×8 mesh
• Mineral component: 85% Clinoptilolite, balance opaline silica
• Cation exchange capacity: 1.5 to 1.8 meq/g
• Maximum water retention: >55 WT %
• Overall surface area: 24.9 m2/g
• Bulk density (Weight): Approx. 55 – 60 lbs / ft3
• Hardness: Mohs hardness scale no. 4
• Colour: Pale green
• Standard 55 lb. bag. Other sizes available upon request.