CC-4x8S is a granular activated carbon that is ideal for most air purification purposes. Made from selected grades of coconut shell, its superior level of hardness makes it cleaner than most other carbons and gives it a longer life expectancy. This, combined with its high activity level, makes it well-suited for use in any kind of carbon filter or system. Aside from general air purification and deodorization, coconut shell carbon is also very effective in solvent recovery applications.
CC-4x8S is available in 55 lb. bags or 1,100 lb. bulk bags. Other sizes available upon request.
- U.S. standard series sieve size: 4 x 8 mesh
- Less than No. 8: 5% (max)
- Greater than No. 4: 5% (max)
- CCI4 Activity: 60% (min)
- Iodine No.: 1200 mg/g (min)
- Hardness: 98% (min)
- Ash content: 4% (average)
- Moisture (as packaged): 5% (average)
- Typical density: 29-32 lbs/ft3 (0.47 -0.50 g/cc)
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air, causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable local, state and federal guidelines.